Good day, everybody!
Just a gentle reminder that Field Day is just a few days away. It is hard to believe that it is nearly upon us; this has been planned for months! Most everything is in place to make this year’s 2016 Field Day a successful event!
Field Day is for all of us associated with South Mountain Radio Amateurs (also friends, spouses and children who are interested too), and It’s design is to give hams from all over North America the opportunity to do radio, make contacts with other hams nationwide, experiment with current and new technology, and explore the older “time proven” technologies.
Our antenna farm should be impressive, with;
- ZL (zed-l) Special – a two element beam for 20 meters
- Balloon borne vertical for 80 meters (and other bands)
- Three band Inverted Vee (80/40/20M)
- 10 – 40 meter vertical
- 10 – 80 M Dipole/Inverted Vee
- 2M & 6M beams for VHF SSB station
Have you ever been curious about certain aspects of Amateur radio? Why not come out and visit. Here is a quick list of what some of our stations will be doing this year.
- CW Station…Scott Walker, N3SW will run 100W Rig Elecraft K2/100 80 – 10M Dipole/Inv V – Power batteries or generator
- Digital Station….Dick Goodman, WA3USG Rig Yaesu Ft897 – 80/40/20M Inverted Vee – Power solar/batteries during day, generator at night
- QRP/QRO John Jaminet, W3HMS will run this. Elecraft KX3 with/without 100W amp – ZL special for 20M, Balloon vertical for others
- GOTA station ….anyone who wants to bring their own rig Antenna provided will be 10 – 40M vertical
- VHF….Gary Hammaker, KB3EJZ, will run 6M & 2M SSB
VE testing will be offered at 11 AM, we already have several who have promised to come and test. Food and refreshments will be available.
We will begin setting up at the Emergency Services Training Academy, 180 Army Heritage Dr., Carlisle (just north of Sheetz and Target off Trindle Road) on Saturday, June 25th, at 8 AM. More details will be given at the next regular meeting on June 21st. I look forward to seeing all of you.
73 to all
Don Evans, SMRA president KB3VAX