Split Programming and Tones
There are times when the difference between the input frequency and the output frequency on the repeater is different than the standard 600hz.
If you need help programming the odd split of our 146.460 Three Square Hollow repeater, we've compiled a list of common transceivers used by club members:
(courtesy of Bob, W0BR)
- Push [V/MHz] to select VFO mode when the transceiver is not in VFO mode.
- Push [BAND] one or more times to select the desired band.
- Set the receive frequency (146.460).
- Push and hold [DUP] for 1 sec., one or more times, to select minus duplex or plus duplex
- "DUP -" or "DUP" appears indicating the transmit frequency for minus shift or plus shift, respectively. Select "DUP" for plus shift.
- Push [TONE] one or more times to turn ON the sub audible tone encoder.
- Push [SET] one or more times until T appears.
- Rotate the tuning dial to select and set the desired frequency (67.0).
- Push [SET] one or more times until DUP appears and flashes.
- Rotate the tuning dial to set the desired frequency (1.000).
- Push [S.MW] momentarily.
- The memory channel number flashes.
- Rotate the tuning dial to select the memory channel to be programmed.
- Push [S.MW] for 1 sec. to program.
- Push [V/MHz] to exit set mode.
(courtesy of Sam, KB3OOJ)
- Go into VFO mode by pushing "VFO" on the mic.
- Press "ENT" on the mic then key in "1-4-6-4-6-0".The display should say "146.460".
- Turn on repeater duplex mode by pressing "DUP+ 8(TSQL())".The display will show a plus sign.
- Modify your offset frequency by pressing "SET B(D-OFF)" until you see "+/-" appear and the offset frequency shows on the display. Use the up and down arrows to change it to 1.000 (for a 1,000 kHz offset).Press "CLR A(MW)" to exit setup mode.
- Turn on sub audible tones by pressing "FUNC" and then "DUP- 7(TONE)".A musical note will appear on the display.
- Set the tone by pressing "SET B(D-OFF)" until you see "rt" and a tone. Press up/down arrows to change to 67.0.Press "CLR A(MW)" to exit setup mode.
- Save to memory by pressing "FUNC" then "CLR A(MW)".Use the up/down arrows to select which memory channel to program. Press "FUNC" and then hold down "CLR A(MW)" until the unit beeps.
- Return to memory mode by pressing "MEM".
- NOTE: The default offset will now be 1,000 kHz. For other repeaters, you'll need to repeat the steps and change it back to 600 kHz. This will not affect the offset of repeaters in memory.
(courtesy of Sam, KB3OOJ)
- Go into VFO mode by pushing "V/M" on the unit.
- Change frequency to 146.460.
- Go into M1 and push the SPL button to enable split operation.
- Press A/B to switch to the transmit frequency.
- Change frequency to 147.460.
- Go to M4 and press TON."FM-T" will appear on the display.
- Press and hold DISP until the setup menu opens. Scroll through until you get to the tone and change to 67.0 Hz. Press DISP to exit.
- Go back to M1 and press A/B to return to the receive frequency.
- IF YOU WANT TONE SQUELCH: Go to M4 and press TSQL. Follow step #7 to set the tone to 67.0 Hz.
- Save to memory by rotating the memory knob until you change to the memory channel you want to program (a blank one will show "BLANK" on the display next to the memory number), go to M2, press and hold "MW" until the unit beeps.
- In M1, press V/M to return to memory mode.
(courtesy of Sam, KB3OOJ)
- Go into VFO mode by pushing "V/M".
- Key in "1-4-6-4-6-0". The display should show 146.460.
- Go into setup mode by pressing F/W and then the "0 SET" key.
- Rotate the dial knob until you come to RPT.MOD. Press F/W, then change it to plus. Press F/W to go back.
- Rotate the dial knob until you come to SHIFT. Press F/W, then change it to 1.00M.Press PTT to go back.
- Press F/W and then "1 (SQ TYP)".Rotate the dial knob to change to TONE (or TSQL if you want tone squelch).Press PTT to go back.
- Press F/W and then "2 (CODE)".Rotate the dial knob to change to 67.0 Hz. Press PTT to go back.
- To save to memory, press and hold F/W.It will default to the next free memory channel. To store, press F/W again.
(courtesy of Curt, K4ITO)
- First setup the power setting and the PL tone (67Hz).
- In the VFO mode, tune the transceiver to the desired receive frequency (146.46 MHz). Press and hold in the [D/MR] key for one second.
- Within five seconds of pressing the [D/MR] key, use the Main Dial knob to select the memory channel on which you wish to store the frequency pair. If you see an asterisk (*) by any channel number, it means that the channel currently has no data written on it.
- Now press the [D/MR] key again, this time momentarily, to store the receive frequency into the selected memory. Remember the memory channel.
- While still in the VFO mode, tune the transceiver to the transmit (repeater input) frequency (147.46 MHz). Press and hold the [D/MR] key for one second.
- Within five seconds of releasing the [D/MR] key, rotate the Main Dial knob to select the memory channel used in step 4 above.
- Press and hold in the PTT switch on the microphone. Then quickly tap the [D/MR] key while holding the PTT switch. This will not cause transmission, but rather it will instruct the transceiver that you are programming a separate transmit frequency into memory.
In the memory mode, check to see if the transmit frequency was stored when you select the [PTT] switch on the microphone. You may have to repeat steps 5-7 until such time the transmit frequency is stored because the quick tap of the [D/MR
] key in step 7 can be a bit touchy.